Why you should apply for USA Student Visa?
USA Student Visa is one of the most popular student visa for overseas students. Studying in the United States and abroad doesn’t just give you tangible degrees and certificates. For any international student, the USA has a lot to offer: one of the most prestigious, top ranked higher education systems in the world, eclectic cities and beautiful natural parks, culture, history and a very multicultural population.
The United States has one of the world’s finest university systems. The university system in the USA is the most popular higher education destination anywhere in the world. In fact over 30% (500,000) of all International students worldwide choose to study in the USA every year. According to the QS World University Rankings, 13 of the top 20 universities in the world are in the USA.
The United States has more institutions of higher learning than any other country in the world. Importantly, the academic bodies provide absolute quality education. Study programs are tuned to the current scenario at all times. Quality of research is excellent and the facilities available to bring your research to the market are exceptional. The research at many of these universities is cutting-edge and often published in journals worldwide. USA has always been a hub of inventions and Universities play a significant role in the change process.
Diversity and Variety
The United States offers variety. There is a wide range of schools, countless areas of study and specialty degrees. If you are interested in studying business, you are not relegated to just general study, but can choose from many concentrations: accounting, marketing, international business, business management, business administration, or finance. (There are many more!) This type of specialty study is available at the undergraduate, graduate and doctorate level, too.
A broad and diverse range of degree programs on offer with innovative and encapsulating approaches to bringing the best out of its students. The USA education system is flexible in terms of choice of courses within a college or university. During the course of study, a student can transfer from one course/stream to another or one institution to another. This aspect of the USA education system makes it distinct from other countries.
Good career prospects
On completion of your degree, you are legally authorized to work in the US in your related field for about a year. You need to apply for Optional Practical Training Employment Authorization (OPT). Most international students get inducted into the company that hires them during their OPT period, by sponsoring their H1-B or work visa. The H1-B work visa is usually granted by employers if they are hiring international students in specialty areas such as software, engineering, accountancy, teaching or marketing. Once your employer grants your H1-B, you are allowed to work in the US without returning to your home country.
Improve your English skills
Learning or improving your English skills are the main reasons why many students go abroad. Certainly, being surrounded by English and using it on a daily basis can be a great and easy way to improve your language skills. English is the language of business and if you want to be successful in your career, you need to speak it well!
Documents Required for USA Student Visa
List of Documents Required for University Application:
- $40 – $150 Application Fee (non-refundable)
- $30 DHL Charge (Taken by NEC for sending the Docs) (If required)
- Scan copy or Photocopy of your Passport
- Scan copies (original) or Official Sealed copies of Bachelor/Masters Certificates & Transcript
- Scan Copies or Photocopies or Certified/Notarized Copies SSC/O Level and HSC/A Level Certificate and Mark sheet
- Scan copies (original) or Certified copies of Two/Three Academic Reference Letter
- Statement of Purpose
- Scan copy (original) or Notarized copy of IELTS/TOEFL Certificate
- Scan copy of SAT/GMAT/GRE score (if required)
- Job experience letter (if required)
- Initial Student Agreement Form
- Statement of Financial Support Form (non-US sponsor) or I-134 Form (US sponsor)
- Bank Solvency Certificate – from Sponsor
- Resume or CV (If Required)
- Other supporting documents (if available, e.g extracurricular activities)
List of Documents Required for F1 Student VISA Application:
- A passport valid for six months beyond the period of your intended stay in the United States.
- DS-160 Confirmation Pages (barcodes must be readable)
- One photograph for each application (2” * 2” – 600px * 600px).
- Appropriate Visa Application Fee (F1 Student Visa Application Fee – $160).
- SEVIS Fee Receipt
- I-20 – Original
- All Original educational Certificates & Mark sheets/Transcripts
- TOEFL / IELTS certificate
- GRE / GMAT / SAT / ACT certificate (if required)
- Job Experience Letter (If any)
- Statement of Purpose
- Three to twelve months of bank statements for student visa applicants (NEC recommends to submit min. 6 months Bank Statement)
- Bank Solvency Certificate
- Affidavit of Financial Support
- Source of Income (Trade License, Tin Certificate, etc).
- Any other supporting Documents
All documents submitted for USA student visa applications must be original.
US universities usually have 3 Intakes
- Spring: January/February
- Fall: August/September
- Summer: May/June
Main intakes are Fall and Spring, but few universities have Summer Intake.
English Language Requirements
All students who is going to apply for USA Student Visa must have the required English Language proficiency with regards to the course. Depending on the University IELTS Score of 5.5 to 6.5 is required for Undergrad Programs and 6.0 to 6.5 is required for Post Grad Programs. TOEFL score of 79 to 100 is required respectively.
Bachelors Degree: These are undergraduate degrees with duration of 4 years. Minimum Qualification for all Bangladeshi student is
- S.Sc or equivalent exam GPA 3.5
- H.Sc or equivalent exam GPA 3.5
- IELTS or TOEFL is mandatory
Post Graduate / Masters Degree: The duration of Masters level courses may range from a year to two depending on the university and the area of specialization. In general, most Masters level courses in the USA are two years, which students can also finish in a little over 18 months, should they utilize their vacations studying additional credits early. Minimum Qualification for all Bangladeshi student is
- S.Sc or equivalent exam GPA 4.0 above or 70% mark
- H.Sc or equivalent exam GPA 4.0 above or 70% mark
- Graduation or equivalent exam CGPA 2.75
- IELTS or TOEFL is mandatory
Cost of Studying in USA
Initial Application Fee $50-$150 (per application).
Depending on the University Tuition Fees varies from $7,500 to $40,000 per year.
Funding for USA student visa
Funding for international students is readily available, although options will vary between universities. Some institutions will provide scholarships covering the entire cost. The most common sources of funding are:
- Merit scholarships – for those with outstanding academic achievement or talent in performing arts.
- Need-based financial aid – for those whose family cannot support them.
- Sports scholarships – available for students who are gifted in a specific sport but also academically eligible for admission.
Your course of study and the type of school you plan to attend determine whether you need an F-1 visa or an M-1 visa. Students should schedule their visa interviews as soon as they are accepted to a university.
Once applicants are accepted to a university, they will send you a SEVIS-generated Form I-20. You and your school official must sign the Form I-20. Each person receives an individual Form I-20 which s/he must bring to the Embassy at the time of interview.
All students, who is applying for USA student visa, their spouse and minor children if they intend to reside in the United States with the student, must be registered in the Student and Exchange Visitor System (SEVIS).
Visa Application Fees
|Visa categories||USD||Payable at|
|F-1, M-1||$160||Eastern Bank Limited|
|SEVIS Fee (Student – F1)||$200||www.fmjfee.com