Before start your visa application preparation check if you meet all of the entry requirements.
English language requirements
If your 1st language is not English or you didn’t study a minimum of 5 years where learning medium was English, you may need to provide results of an English language test. Be aware that the English language skill level required by an institution can be different from the level of skill required for your student visa application. You should check student visa information on both the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website and the institution website for any English language requirements.
The academic requirements (including evidence of English language skills) you need to study in Australia will depend on the area of education you want to study here. Institutions might have different entry requirements, so read the course information on their website and contact them if required .
Here is some general guidance on entry requirements for the different levels of study:
- English language ( IELTS ) – Entry requirements vary between institutions, and according to the level of English language course you want to study.
- Schools – Entry requirements vary between schools depending on the state or territory you will be studying in. Academic performance and ability is considered during the application process.
- Vocational education and training – In most cases there are no entrance exams for VET institutions. However, some courses may have specific pre-requisite subjects or work experience requirements.
- Higher Education Undergraduate – To gain entry into an Australian undergraduate course you will need to have an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (Year 12), or the overseas equivalent. Some undergraduate courses may also have specific pre-requisite subjects.
- Higher Education Postgraduate – As well as the satisfactory completion of at least one degree at undergraduate level, your institution may take research ability or relevant work experience into consideration.
Tip: To meet the academic requirements of an Australian high school qualification, consider a Foundation course to create bridge with previous study, they are intensive courses that will help you meet the entry requirements. Most of them one year long and are offered by most higher education institutions.
The student visa you need depends on your chosen course of study. As a guide, the typical key requirements you will need to meet are:
- Issued an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate.
- Meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement. Read more about this on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website.
- Sufficient funds for airfares, course fees and living costs.
- English language proficiency.
- Meet health and character requirements.
- Acceptable Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).
Overseas Student Health Cover
When studying in Australia, you will need OSHC for yourself, and any family travelling with you, before you arrive. It is a requirement of your student visa that you maintain OSHC for the duration of your time on a student visa in Australia. Please search in google , yahoo , bing to find your medical insurer .
You have provide enough proof of evidence that you/your sponsor have enough fund to spend for you. See more about financial requirements click here
Few more facts you should know about Australia
Capital City – Canberra
Largest Cities – Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Tasmania
Population – 24,286,572
Official Language – English
Currency – Australian Dollar
Intakes – FEB/ July / November (some university)
When to Apply – At least 4 months prior to class start date
Scholarship available in Australia
Institutions – Australia has 40 govt. Universities and many public & private institutions
Part Time work facility – 40 hours per fortnight during program and full time during vacation
Full Time work permit – After two years of courses students will get work permit for two years depending on his field of study
Spouse – Spouse can work full time
Copies of passport | All academic certificates, mark sheets, professional certificates| CV | Statement of purpose| work experience certificate | reference letter from teacher |application form & supplementary form | application fee
All the documents will be sent to the institution
Institutions will / may take 3 to 8 weeks to confirm the admissions
Need to send financial documents to University for GTE check and verification
University will take an interview through Skype and after getting approval from university students have to pay minimum 1 semester tuition fees+ OSHC for CoE (Confirmation of Enrolment)
Students need to submit their sponsor’s paper, anybody can sponsor ** (first blood sponsor is preferred)
Minimum 1 year tuition + 1 year living $19830 + travel $2000 – 1 semester fees have to be shown in sponsor’s bank account .minimum 6 months bank statement is preferred
(Basic Sponsor documents are Fixed Deposit / Post Office – MIS/ RD/ SB A/C / PF/CPF/GPF- /Public Provident Fund/ Bank Loan Sanctions letter + Security documents /Property Ownership + Valuation provided by bank/ SOURCES OF FUND: It is depend on case by case
Income from Job: Pay slips for last 3 months| Remuneration certificate must mention of salary and how long doing work in the organization |ITR last 2 years
Income from Business (Ownership): Trade License | Business Account Statement last 6 months | VAT Reg | Invoice Copy | Reference letter from Business Association | ITR last 2 years
Income from limited company. Company Audit Report and Balance Sheet for 2 years| |Company profile (Memorandum Article of Association / Trade License/ Any Government Certificate for this business)| Cash memos (Company previous few product sale cash memo) |Proof of business transactions: Business A/C statement at least two years | Any other relevant documents. – Certificates from any membership/ ITR last 2 years
Income from House Rent: Rental Deed | Land and Building Ownership deed | Land Tax | Electric Bill copy | ITR last 2 years
Income from Abroad: Employment Certificate | Salary Slip| Tax File | Passport copy | Work permit Copy | ITR last 2 years
Relation proof documents have to be submitted)
- Once all the paper works mentioned above are done documents will have to submit with online application
- The visa fee will also be paid online
- After getting confirmation email from AHC students have to provide his Biometric information
To finalize a file 75 per cent of complete student visa applications within one month of lodgment
You need medical report for student visa application.
Read also : Full fund scholarship
Join our Facebook group to discuss with recently successful applicants